Its hard somtimes to sit alone these days. Thoughts always drift to mom. On this Sabbath day I find myself tearing up quite a bit. Sorry, but there is the sad times with the happy times. As I sat in my living room, I remembered something that brought a smile to my face. Something about mom I will never forget...
My mom could bake! She was in the kitchen quite often baking goodies of all kinds. Christmas time was a real treat! The table would be sagging with all the different cookies and candies that she would create. I remember an Easter when she tried her hand at Greek breads. Oh my gosh, soooo good.
I was in grade school and we lived in Whittier, again. I think it was fourth grade. I have this very vivid memory of coming home to the scent of fresh baked cookies nearly everyday. This was before Grammy Bears and "dunkin' donuts".::grinning::. I would drop my school things and jump up onto the counter next to the cookie jar. Opening the top, the smell of Toll House Cookies would knock me over! I would sit on that counter and start in! After a few good mouthfuls, mom would come in and pour a glass of milk and set it next to me. She would smile, put the lid back on the cookie jar after about my 3rd cookie and ask me how my day was.
I don't believe there was a day when there were no cookies in that cookie jar.
I just had another great thought! But that will wait...just a hint...Hey mom, remember my high school days?? LOL
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
4 comments:
I think I do!!!! Does is have anything to do with tickling????
I love your site =]
It just might have something to do with tickling!! Very good Donna!
Cierra...Good to hear from you honey! I know you didn't get to know Nana, but I would love to hear a bit about your dad! Any stories he told you or just any ol thing.
Email me if you are not comfortable posting about him, ok.
Nestle TollHouse...that's french, isnt it? LOL
I am sorry you had such a hard time yesterday, Mama. I love you!
Post a Comment