I remember one day we were really bored and couldn't think of anything to do. Nana came up with this great idea to choose a street and see where it began and ended. Nana, Dee, David, Donna, Denise and I pretty much folded ourselves up and to our amazement we all fit into this tiny little blue and white car and off we went. We chose Lambert Rd. It seemed like it went on forever. I don't know how long it really is, but I'm sure the fact that we no longer had any feeling left in our bodies due to being so crammed into the car had something to do with how long the road felt. We were so glad to reach the end on a dirt road with a wooden road block. We turned around and when we got home, we almost couldn't get out of the car. It was wonderful when the feeling came back to our arms and legs! It was a fun adventure and we laughed a lot, but it would be a long time before we thought about doing it again.
4 comments:
I was just thinking about this a day or so ago!! That was a fun ride...I think the car was a Metropoliton, very tiny! Heather, do you remember when mom first got that car?? She had never driven a stick before and we were thrown all over the back seat as she struggled around the block! This must have been around 1973.
I guess I was too young to remember stuffing ourselves into the little car. I do remember people talking about it though, also about her learning to drive a stick shift!
I do this same thing with my own kids! It must be in my blood!
Deanna,
I do remember that. It was an experience for sure. Fun times!
Post a Comment