Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Itchy, Itchy, Itchy!!!

I know I just posted, I couldn't resist. I'm having fun getting stuff on here. Nana is having a not so good day. No weirded stuff, just feeling achy, itchy, and sleepy. BUT... Dee was here today and she got her to eat some Berries & Cream yogurt, with granola, even!! She's hasn't been eating very much these days (very little, in fact). Even pastrami sandwiches (her favorite) aren't enticing enough, it seems. Dee found out that she likes the yogurt, maybe not so much work to eat it.
Weird crazy dreams, she says. Sometimes that's all she says about them, sometimes she talks about them. She said she had a scary one yesterday, one where poor Lady got hit by a car. Fortunately, Nana didn't have to see that in her dream, just heard her yelping and someone came to the door to tell us that he hit her. So Sad. She says that she's getting better at not getting so upset at the "people" she hears and sees. She also talks about a white place where everyone is beautiful and dressed in white. She likes it there.
She's been very itchy and scratching, scratching, scratching. I ask her "hey, are you scratching?" She says "nooo"...(as she's reaching around scratching). I say "didn't your momma teach you to always tell the truth?!" She just gives me the puppy dog eyes. A couple times she tried to sneak in a scratch under the blankets, or behind my back. She always wonders how I know. I can't say I'm as good as she thinks I am, but when I see the scratch marks and sometimes have to rub triple antibiotic on them, it's kind of a give away! I've had to make sure to give her the "itchy pills" more on time than waiting for her to ask for them. I also had to cut her nails last night so she couldn't tear her skin so easily, ouch!!
She definately hasn't lost her sense of humor. She cracks jokes at herself and others even when she's half asleep. Sometimes she'll pretend to go off on some weird story and try to make me believe she believes it. I have to look at her and say are you serious or are you kidding me? Then she'll crack me a smile and say, No, I'm kidding.

1 comment:

GG said...

I love you Nana! I'm glad to hear you liked the yogurt. I'll start bringing "softer" treats for you to try.

Lots of loves!!
Kiss, kiss (x 100)