Friday, March 28, 2008

A Couple of Disney Princesses



Mom and I love Disneyland! We would go whenever time and money permitted. Our favorite thing to do was to "people watch". Can you imagine spending 25.00 a ticket (Now, remember folks, this was back in the 80's) to sit on a shade covered bench in New Orleans Square just to watch people! Anyway, I believe it was our last time there before we moved to Utah and we decided to have a quiet peaceful lunch at the Disneyland Hotel. We discovered a very nice restaurant with outdoor seating. We ordered our sandwiches and began chatting about any ol' thing. I was single again and always gussied up when I went out. Keep this in mind. Our sandwiches came and the food was delicious. As we were eating, I noticed a young man with a group of friends had taken a table outside as well. He was very good looking and my eye kept drifting to him as his eye kept drifting to me. Of course, mom noticed and pointed out to me that a pretty young woman was sitting next to him. I just smiled and continued my flirting. After some time and to my surprise, mom reached over and with a very royal air, flicked my nose. Yes, she flicked my nose. I looked at her, took on an equally royal air and said, "Why did you do that?". Now we were talking in very thick British accents and she replied "There was a crumb on your nose."

"And how long had the crumb been there?" I asked, a bit nervously but maintaining my proper posture and character.

"About 3 (now here was when I was sincerely praying she was about to say minutes) quarters of an hour." Was her queenly reply.

My eyes got wide and I quickly glanced at the young man I had shamelessly been flirting with. He had a great big beautiful smile on his face and with a quick wink I knew he had seen "the crumb".

I turned my head back to mom and, holding in my chagrin asked, "Why did you wait so long to let me know?"

She sat back and smiled at me ever so sweetly and said, "Well, my dear, you were having so much fun flirting with that nice boy, I did not want to interupt you."

Suddenly, we both started laughing....and laughing...and laughing until we had to get up and rush to the woman's restroom. Mom really needed to get to the restroom!. In there, we continued our outloud bursts of laughter. Imagine our surprise when a woman came out of one the stalls, looked at us rather funny, then started to laugh to! She was laughing as insanely as we were as she tried to ask why we were laughing. Now we were really going, all three of us! We couldn't answer her! My stomache, face and sides were hurting!

Anyway...after that, whenever we went out to eat, I would always ask her if I had any crumbs on my nose. The answer I usually got was just a smile.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Dee, I was so happy to see you posting!! What a great story to start with, it sure gave me a real chuckle!!

GG said...

I cant even imagine how it would feel to have your mother "flick" your nose. :wink wink: LOL

Anonymous said...

Ok now Gina...that story is for another blog!!

GG said...

I was just looking at some of these "older" posts and came across this picture again. You both look so beautiful! And I realized something...you were probably about the age I am now!