Saturday, March 22, 2008

Big Day for Nana!

Today was a very big day for Nana. I was able to drag her out of bed and get her in the kitchen and give her a haircut! I just put her in her walker/chair and pushed her in there. She has one of those walkers that has a seat in it. On occasion, we use it as a wheelchair kind of deal. Anyway, I put her in the walker, which actually worked real good because she could hold herself up by the handles. She was way tired today, but we were both determined to get it done. Whew, her hair was getting long and unruly. We got it all cut and trimmed and then I pushed her into the bathroom and put her into the shower. While she was finishing up (staying warm under the hot water) I ran into her room and changed the sheets and freshened her pillows. So when I got her out and all dressed, shaved and teeth and hair brushed...I rolled her into her room and there was her bed all ready for her. I got a great big smile out of her. I just kept telling her that this was all she had to do all day today and she would be very happy when it was over. Sure enough, she cuddled under the blankets, with a great big smile. She looks good, smells good, and is all comfy, cozy & warm in her bed!!

Tomorrow will be a big day for visitors and phone calls, I think being Easter and all. I just wanted her to look her best for Easter and all her visitors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter momma!! I love you oh so very much.
And a big thank you to you, Donna. You are an angel sent from the heavens.
I saw mom last night and she looked great! We got a lot of smiles as we gave her many kisses.

Happy Easter to all,
Dee