They would gather all their props and then they would all leave. Denise and I would sit and watch our Friday night shows Dukes of Hazard, Dynasty (can't really remember what else) and eat our goodies. Then we would go to bed.
When we got up in the morning, it would be literally wall to wall kids on our livingroom floor. We would wake them all up and they would tell us the stories of how their night went. Oh how envious we were, all the acting out & singing, all through the movie. (Just like the Ninja movie, Gina, only everyone WAS doing it with her)
Denise and I had never seen the movie but from all the stories, and listening to the soundtrak during the week, we would act it out the best we could. It wasn't until years later that I came across it again and about died when I put it all together what the movie was about and what I had been singing with so much gusto as a little girl "Toucha, Toucha, Toucha, Touch Me...."!!
I know I have more pictures of everyone dressing up. I'm still looking for them, does anyone else have some??
2 comments:
TOO Funny! I know Mama has a picture of a gang of people all dressed up! I believe David is in it strutting his fishnets and I think Heather too!
Yeah...those were the days! High school, Friday night without fail. It wasn't only us, but an entire audience, mostly the same people, every week.
Yes, David in fishnets, but not often. He wanted to impress Elayne Fong! My boyfriend, Dave..anyone remember him?? Heather once or twice. Jerry Ponce, my best friend in high school. A bunch of guys we met from Marina High. Mom was great! She really got into the kids and our theatrics. All of us were in theater. OHH and Patty Wensley, our Magenta!
We saw the movie well over 50 times, some of us into the hundreds. I tried to watch it last year on TV, by myself and I had to laugh at us all! It was terrible!!!!!
But...still cant help but get a little grin when I think of Tim Curry's entrance. One of the best in cinematic history!
Post a Comment