Wednesday, April 23, 2008

On a Clear Day...

I am so pleased to write that mom has overcome odds once more. Her fogginess and confusion has lessened and she seems much more clear and reasonable in her thinking.
She has confessed about some of her delusions and she recognizes them as being just that. No more conspiracy theories or hallucinations of destruction.
She told me she still sees people coming and going but there is no fear or threats. She was also a bit confused about what month it was, but she accepted the truth quite readily.
I have seen her eat more than she has the last few months.
She still needs lots of sleep and physically, the symptoms of renal failure continue to add up but she is no longer foggy.
On sunday, we watched Pirates of the Carribean and once again she loved it, tho she made a comment near the end about too much fighting!
On tues we watched Godzilla with Mathew Brodrick. It was sooo funny. During the movie, mom made the comment that "the other Godzilla is better". I asked her if she meant the old Tokyo movies and she said yes! I mean, this Godzilla isnt very good but worse than the 60's Godzilla?? I'd have to think about that one.
Anyway, she is doing better and that is what counts. My heart is lifted. I know she is slipping away slowly, but her mind being intact is such a relief!
Love to you all.

4 comments:

GG said...

I have noticed a HUGE difference in her as well! Her spirits seem to be lifted. I love it! It is so difficult when you miss someone so much and even when you see them that feeling still lingers. I'm thankful to have you back..even if it is just for a little while. I love you Nana! So very very very much!

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

I'm so happy to hear this. Please tell her I love her and think about her 24/7. She's beautiful! Yo te amo, mucho, mucho mamasita!

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

I forgot, tell her if I were there I would give her un beso, un beso, un beso, un beso! I don't know if I spelled it right, but lots of kisses!

Sister Jackie Davis said...

We are so happy that the good Lord up above has given her a little more peace while she is still here with us. Would you tell her we love her and are keeping her in our prayers.
Thanks Donna,
Love & Kisses XXX000
Uncle Ralph & Aunt Jackie