Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Welcome Home Auntie Donna!!!

I wrote this entry in my Blog yesterday, but I thought I would copy and paste it over here for you.

Welcome Home Auntie Donna!!!
Sunday I was so thankful to sleep in! Jenn said that she was going to visit Nana in the morning so I took advantage of that and slept in until noon! I couldn't believe it! The baby woke up at 7 so I got up with her but she was tired again by about 8 so I laid down with her in Katelynn's bed. (Katelynn was in my bed snuggling with her Daddy!) I remember Shawn coming in and getting the baby when he woke up. And I remember several attempts from Shawn and the kids to wake me up later, but all attempts were unsuccessful! I couldn't keep my eyes open at all! When I finally did wake up, I was shocked to find out it was 12:00!
.
Katelynn and Ciara joined me to visit Nana! We brought a couple of movies to help keep them occupied..and it worked.
.
Shortly after arriving, a nurse from Love Health Care (hospice) came by to visit. I can't even begin to describe the woman. She was overbearingly loud. Almost like she thought everyone in the room was deaf! I think we were all grateful when she didn't stay too long.
.
Soon, it was just Nana and I. We were able to visit and chit chat for a little bit. Every car that drove by or every time that Lady would bark, Nana would get all excited. "Is that them!? Are they home?!" She knew that the kids were picking up their parents from the airport and was anxious to see her daughter!
.
After about an hour the van pulled up! I couldn't believe how fast Nana was scooting her bum to the edge of the bed! She wanted to be up and ready for Donna! And there she was! Aunt Donna jumped into the room with the same excitement that Nana had! It was so wonderful to watch them hug and kiss and hug and cry and hug and kiss!
.
I was able to stay just a little while longer to visit with the family and to hear just a few blurbs about the trip. I am so grateful that everything went well.
.
Faith is a wonderful thing.
.
Welcome home Auntie Donna!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are very touching pictures

GG said...

I am glad you like the pics! I too, thought they were touching! It was wonderful to watch them love each other! I am so thankful that I was there to witness it!