I wish I had pictures to show you with this memory....
I had a lot of friends in high school. We were mostly made up of actors from theatre class. We were also the group who went to Rocky Horror.
Anyway....we would "Bunbury". Now, "Bunbury" was a secret word that we would use on the phone when calling each other if we wanted a get-together. What has all of this to do with mom??
Well, everyone's favorite place to Bunbury was my home, a little apartment in Westminster. Now, this was not because of me, no no no...they loved "nana". She was nana to most, "mom" to some, and she loved each of them dearly.
During one particular Bunbury, mom was in the kitchen baking cookies and the smell was incredible! We were sitting in the living room chatting when we stopped and looked at each other. There was about 7 or 8 of us that day, and we had one thing on our minds. How to get to the cookies! Mom had told us to stay out of the kitchen till she was done.
Elaine Fong, one of my dearest friends, had an idea....and Ticklefest 1978 began!
One would run in, tickle mom, who would laugh and scream hysterically, into a corner, and another would run in and grab a cookie (or a dip of dough!), then both would run out.
She would gasp for breath in the kitchen, then yell out that what we were doing wasn't fair.
I think she realized after the second attack that there were at least 5 more coming!!
But she was wrong...how can you eat just one of mom's chocolate chip cookies.
We had a blast, everyone laughing and tickling till we were stuffed with cookies and exhausted from laughing!!
Mom loved it, by the way...don't let her tell you any different!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
3 comments:
That is so "deliciously" sweet!
I don't think that was the only time you guys tickled to get cookies, was it??? Seems to me, young as I was that it happened a few times!!!
Well...she was very ticklish.hehehehe
Post a Comment