When I was a young adult I would often visit Diana when her children were very small. I would go and visit her and tell her stories about my life and she would give me her advice. I'm sure she must have been in her thirties or so at the time becauase I was about 21 or so ( I just turned 55 so this was about thirty years ago). I am sure all of you who know and love her see her as a rather unconventional woman. I always could trust her judgement no matter what we discussed because she never judged me and could always find a positive solution to a problem. A gift that really is so rare and looking back I now see that she had her own problems to deal with but she never let me know that, she just listened and gave me her best advice. One day while we were visiting she showed me her "list" that she was working on for all the things she was looking for in a new mate.
It had 3 parts, one for the must haves- one for the maybes- and one for the no way! She really was giving me an insight, oh so many years ago to visualizing what you want in life and putting it on paper to help a person keep on the right path! I've never forgotten this about her and how impressed I was about her "list". The only problem I can see from this now, is that one who is honest can really never see a dishonest intention. I LOVE YOU DIANA! Thank you for all the great advice and love you have given me. Your Cousin , April
No comments:
Post a Comment