Just in case a few of you are wondering who Chris is, its me Denise. I go by my middle name now, Chris. Anyway I would like to tell you about another adventure, one that didn't go so well. I was about 12, Donna 13. My mom came to us out of the blue and said lets go on a picnic. First off we were
excited because it was a school day and she was going to let us ditch. We all together prepared an
awesome lunch. Then the task of figuring out where should we go. Mom had the best idea ever, the beach. So we again got in the car and headed off for another adventure. I'm not quite sure what beach she took us to but there was no one else there,(seeing it was a weekday and not even being summer.) We parked the car and walked onto the beach to find the perfect spot. Which we did, or at least thought so. We
spread out the blanket and set out the food and began to eat our lunch. The next thing I knew a big wave came in and came splashing up on to the beach. It got us, our food, the blanket, everything. We thought we were far enough up on the sand but a tide came in and proved us wrong. I was mad because I was wet and my food was gone. I look at mom and she was laughing so hard me and Donna couldn't help but start laughing too. (no heather it wasn't the angry laugh, she was really cracking up.) What a day that was. I will never forget it.
3 comments:
Sorry! I didnt mean to delete my comment..I wanted to add to it! Oops!
Man! I am not a fan of the beach and this is great example of why! LOL
I also wanted to say how nice it was to see you this weekend! I love you!!!
It's funny how you don't remember as clearly some of the same memories other remember so clearly. I vaguely remember sitting there and watching the tide come in, but not realizing that we were in "danger" of actually getting wet. I think it happened pretty fast, because before we knew it we were drenched!
Post a Comment