Sunday, April 13, 2008

Let Us Entertain You!


This is a little info on the Helmer Dr. talent shows. Diane (NANA) and sister Jackie with the help of friends and neighbors would present talent for an audience. This would involve lots of rehearsals and much fine tuning by the sisters to get everything just right. My children often tease me as to why kids would want to put on a talent show, but this was before the days of even television as we now know it and to me it was exciting and fun (well sometimes I really didn't want to practice). And Diane and Jackie were true professionals (maybe with a little help from their Mom). So here is a little view of the famous " ZIADY SISTERS" who are ROCK STARS in my memory of being a little girl looking up to my cousins. My performance in this show was "Chantilly Lace" by the Big Bopper and I think I had another part in it but can't seem to remember what it was, however I was 5 or 6 at the time. I know somewhere are all the 8 millimeter films of all the performances thanks to my NINO ( TATA ) who filmed everything .

Much love to all the " FAMILIA" and thanks for the wonderful memories!

6 comments:

april said...

Sorry, still trying to post pictures! April

GG said...

I would LOVE to see those pictures!

Anonymous said...

We are an entertaining family!! Mom would also watch the shows we made up as kids and once, she even directed one. We tried to put together Jungle Book, with mom in charge, but it never came to be.

Sister Jackie Davis said...

Oh April, Those are some fond memories!!! Thanks for reminding me of all the fun times we had doing those shows on Helmer Drive.
You were defintely one of the stars!
Love you,

Donna said...

There you go April, I got them to go in!! How fun to see, sure wish we could find the films. Keep the stories/memories coming!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics April. Thank you
Love ya