Friday, April 4, 2008

She's a Lady..Whoa Whoa Whoa..She's a Lady!





There has been some talk about our little Lady, especially in the last post so I thought I would introduce her to all who have not met her.


When mom was living with me after her mission, she would hint...well, perhaps hint is too soft a word...that she wanted a little lap dog of her own. Troy and I have bigger dogs and they don't really fit on a lap!


At first, Troy was soooo against a third dog in the house, but mom soon got to him and he relented. One day, mom and I went to the animal shelter in town. We spotted a darling little dog right off. Mom wanted that little boy, but a sign on his cage told us he was on hold. So, we went further into the room of small homeless dogs. When their eyes met, it was magic. I could hear music fill the room as mom stepped closer to the bottom cage where a scraggly apricot colored dog stood, barking and whining to be let out. We got a worker to come and let the dog, whose card stated her as being named Lady, out. Mom took her outside for awhile and the two got to know each other better.


At first, Lady would not give kisses, something mom really wanted her little dog to do! For all of us who know her now, you know kisses are not a problem for Lady! But mom became more and more attached to the little dog so we took her home on a trial run.


Well, the rest is history. Mom got her groomed and she looked like an entirely different dog! Mom and Lady have been inseparable since!

4 comments:

GG said...

You just gotta love that sweet little dog!

And now I've got that song stuck in my head! Whoa Whoa Whoa!

Donna said...

Glad you finally got it to work for you, I've been waiting since the drafts kept coming up and nothing in them. Good idea to introduce her to the crowd. I took her to the groomers again today, she looks and smells great, once again!!

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

She is adorable. It brings back memories of Chulita Lucille. I'm glad she has her.

Anonymous said...

I agree Heather. When she was groomed I had an eerie that Chula had returned to be with mom in her last days!