Monday, April 14, 2008

Mothers kind words

Well it was November 6th 1987, I woke up in labor with my first child Megan. We all got to the hospital and mom, Deanna, and Dad was taking turns helping me through labor. Deanna and mom got hungry and told dad to stay with me while they went to eat. Dad being quite nervous desired them to return quickly. Well wouldn't you know it I hit hard labor and was getting ready to give birth. I was scared, dad was scared, where is your mother, he cried. I told my father I can't have this baby alone you can't leave me. Just as the doctor said it was time to push mom came in the room,(to both me and my fathers relief.) My mom looked and said,"I can see the head look Terry!" I looked over in horror to see where my father was,(hoping he had already left the room) looking up I found my father squeezing his body into the corner of the room yelling no, no. He quickly found the door and ran. Being so young and completely terrified I wasn't doing so well. Then came the words from my mother that I would never forget. She leaned down and whispered in my ear, "this is the best thing you will ever do in your whole life" I looked at her and knew I would be ok. I then gave birth to the most beautiful baby. I have been blessed to have my mother there for two of my children's birth.

3 comments:

GG said...

Wow! You are on a role today Chris! I was laughing reading about Grandpa! I could just picture it! I am glad Nana got there just in time!

Anonymous said...

She left out the drive to the hospital!!
I was driving, she was in the back seat with mom.
I heard many obsenities from the back seat as I tried to fight traffic. She inisted that the baby was coming "RIGHT NOW!! PULL OVER!!" Again and again I heard the *#$@&**%# from the back seat.
It was the most terrifying ride of my life!!
Love you Chris!!

Donna said...

This one made me smile, then cry!! Keep the great stories coming, Chris. Loved having you here!