Saturday, April 12, 2008

Little Purple Pansies...

Nana and her plants were amazing! She has such a talent with plants. They love her. I remember she always had beautiful plants all over the house. She would talk to them all the time. I remember when she had planted pansies around the base of a tree in the backyard in Whittier. She would go out there all the time and sing "Little Purple Pansies" to them. There will never be a time that I hear that song and not think of her. I remember too that she gave everyone a flower name. Deanna is a rose, Donna a baby pink rose, and I'm pretty sure Denise is a daisy, right? She was so sweet and didn't want me left out so she said I was her sunny, yellow Daffodil. Just one more thing I love her for. And ever since daffodils are my favorite flower. I love you Nana!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Hey Heather it's good to hear from you again. Yes, Deanna is a rose, but you have Denise and I mixed up...I am the daisy and Denise is the baby pink rose. I'm trying to remember what the boys were...I don't seem to remember I'll have to check. She has always had a way with plants, unfortuneately, I don't have that talent.

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

I think David is a Sweet Pea, but I don't know what Danny is.

Anonymous said...

Danny is a geranium, I believe...and Dad a Gladiola

Anonymous said...

Danny was a geranium and David was a sweet pea.