Let me start by saying my childern call nana tootsie. It all started when my mother brought home a tootsie roll home for Megan and said, "Here tootsie", Megan from that point on called her tootsie. The rest of the kids followed along with it. Now tootsie boxes. My mother moved to Utah when Megan was 2 years and Jesse about 5 months. So when it came time for birthdays or Christmas, Valentines or what have you she would send a boxes of goodies. In these boxes were stickers, penscils, littles books, and a shirt, just little things that weren't much but meant the world to a kid. As I continued having more childern and they continued to grow, more and more tootsie boxes continued to come. It didn't matter who was next in line to recieve one of these boxes because everyone enjoyed seeing what treasures awaited for the lucky kid who the mailman had come for. To this day they still talk about their tootsie boxes.
9 comments:
It's great to see you posting again Chris, you have great stories and memories. Keep them coming!!
Love ya Bunches!!
It's funny...Nana and I were talking about this story just a little bit ago! She was showing me the book you made her with the pictures and drawings and such! And I asked her how the name "Tootsie" came about!
Those Tootsie boxes were awesome!
She never failed. And the fudge was the best part!!!!!!!!!!
P.s that was from megan not chris i don't know how to add myself!!!!!!
Oh cool i think i figured it out.
Hey Megs!!
I'm glad to see you on here! I'm sure you've got some fun stories to tell as well!
I love you!!
Hey Megs,
Now that you got the comments part down, you need to accept the invitation to post!!! Good to see you on here!
Love you & your mom!!!
Hey Megs,
Now that you got the comments part down, you need to accept the invitation to post!!! Good to see you on here!
Love you & your mom!!!
Not sure how I posted two identicial comments!! Talented I guess!!
Post a Comment