
Well I got home safe and sound to find out that all that worry before I left was in vain!! Aside from a huge cold sore on her lip, Nana was healthier than when I left! I couldn't believe it. She wasn't dizzy, still a little weak, but she has been able to get out of bed and take herself to the bathroom. She is eating better, talking better and her vitals are improved! Her oxygen levels are back in the high 80's, low 90's.
I'm not sure what happened, but here is another perplexing chapter of Nana's illness. On Monday she asked for a shower, she did great. She wasn't completely exhausted from the excursion and since it was a beautiful day outside, she went out on the porch and sat for a whole hour!!!! She hasn't been outside AT ALL since January!! She came in and had lunch at the table with the kids and promptly went to bed for a nap. She really had a great day! And yes, just as Dee wrote in her post, she seems to be very clear minded.
I'm not sure what happened, but here is another perplexing chapter of Nana's illness. On Monday she asked for a shower, she did great. She wasn't completely exhausted from the excursion and since it was a beautiful day outside, she went out on the porch and sat for a whole hour!!!! She hasn't been outside AT ALL since January!! She came in and had lunch at the table with the kids and promptly went to bed for a nap. She really had a great day! And yes, just as Dee wrote in her post, she seems to be very clear minded. She is quite swollen,
her hands, feet and face mostly. Her whole right arm, hand and wrist have been in quite a lot of pain. I'm wondering if it's because the doctor took her off her water pill. I'll be asking Clarine, our hospice nurse, about that when she comes.
her hands, feet and face mostly. Her whole right arm, hand and wrist have been in quite a lot of pain. I'm wondering if it's because the doctor took her off her water pill. I'll be asking Clarine, our hospice nurse, about that when she comes. Tuesday, she had a hard time waking up. Not as good a day, but still not as bad as before I left.
Thursday, she's very dizzy and weak. Not a good day.
Today she's in a lot of pain in her arm and wrist again.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here.
Thanks for the welcome home, Gina. We had a GREAT time, but it is WONDERFUL to be home!!
2 comments:
I am so glad that she was able to sit outside for a bit! The fresh air must have been amazing for her! I am sorry that she is so sore and swollen.
Give her MY kisses!
I love you!!
Oh Happy Day! I'm so glad to hear this. Thank you for the pictures. She is so beautiful! Give her lots of lovins and kisses.
Post a Comment