I'm trying to be a good girl and keep the updates coming. Life is really crazy right now with only 3 weeks left of school. Lots of end of year activities, programs, and graduation exercises. I am so excited to have to the kids home and get lots of projects done, and yet not so excited. I'm not sure how it will play out with all the excitement around here all the time with Nana.
Nana, while she seems to be very clear headed, is in lots of pain most of the time now. We tried to put her on half of the water pill, to see if that would help with the swelling. While it makes her go potty more, it doesn't seem to be helping with the swelling. Then again maybe it's just not letting her get more swollen. I'm not sure. It doesn't seem to be helping with the pain, either. I was hoping it would help with that. She won't take the morphine, because of the hallucinations. We have her on Lortab. It seems to work somewhat, it at least makes her more comfortable than not, but she sleeping a lot again. I'm afraid she might be losing mobility of her right hand, she can hardly hold onto anything, it hurts too much.
We took her off the diabetes medication and are checking her blood sugar levels everyday. Her levels are great for almost two weeks now. Does that mean she's not diabetic anymore, I don't think so. Just another chapter in her already perplexing case!!
I just took a break and gave her a shower, she seems to be having a good day today. It really hasn't been a good week, so today is especially nice to be having a good day!
Keep thinking up memories and stories, we need more posting to keep it fun for everyone!!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
1 comment:
I am glad to hear that today is a pretty good day! I am so sorry that she is in so much pain!
Please give her my love!! And take some for yourself too!
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOO
Post a Comment