Gina wrote a post a couple days ago about the good morning song, and in my comments my mind went started to go nuts about some of the songs Nana used to sing to me when she woke me up or put me to bed. I mentioned that I had way too many to keep going in the comments field, so here's a few....
I don't even know the name of this one, but I'm sure you'll remember, she sang this one all the time...Bubbles, maybe??
I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air.
They fly so high, they nearly reach the sky.
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortunes, always hiding...I've looked everywhere.
I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air.
I fell in love with you the first time I looked into... them there eyes.
You have a funny little cute way of flirting with...them there eyes.
You better watch it, if your wise.
They sparkle, they dazzle, they're gonna get you in a whole heap of trouble.
How much is that doggie in the window?
The one with the waggily ta a a a ail.
How much is that dogggie in the window?
I do hope that doggie's for sale.
Shoo fly pie and apple pan dowdy makes your eyes light up and your tummy say howdy.
Shoo fly pie and apple pan dowdy I never get enough of that wonderful stuff.
Ain't she sweet, see her coming down th street.
Now I ask you very confidentially, ain't she sweet.
Ain't she nice, Look her over once or twice.
Now I ask yo very confientially, ain't she nice.
Just cast an eye, in her direction
Oh me oh my, ain't that perfection.
Voo de oh doe de oh
I repeat, don't you think she's kind of neat,
Now I ask you very confidentially,
Ain't she sweet.
I'll be loving you, always. With a love that true, always
When the things you've planned need a helping hand,
I will understand, always.
Days may not be fair, always. That's when I'll be there, always
Not for just an hour, not for just a day, not for just a year,
But, Always.
I suppose I could keep going, but I must get on with life.
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
8 comments:
I was surprised that I didnt know all of these songs! I'm going to have to have you sing them to me the next time I come over!!
I love you Nana!!
Hi, it's Deniene...from a LOOOOONG time ago. I have been silently reading the blogs (silently because what you all have is private and beautiful), but I wanted to see how Nana was doing.
I can't be silent today however. My Mom died 19 years ago, and for the most part it's okay. But when I read the songs, I could hear My mother singing them to me.
I just wanted to say thank you for a wonderful, marvelous memory I had almost lost.
You all are very special!
Hi Deniene, Thanks for sharing, It's nice to know people are reading and that it provoked a wonderful memory for you. If it was meant to be private I would have blocked the blog to select readers. This was meant to celebrate her life with anyone who wants to participate in positive ways. I'd rather you leave comments so I know people are reading!
Nana's songs. There are many many more. She gave me a love for songs from all era's. Especially my love for Johnny Mathis. Wonderful, Wonderful and Chances Are. I would listen to Andy Williams, Herb Albert and the Tiquana Brass, Perry Como, just to name a few.
Thanks mom more my appreciation of music.
I gotta say...I have a favorite Johnny Mathis song that YOU (Mom) used to sing to me...Any guesses what it could be? Gina!
"Gina, Gina, I kissed you once and then
I felt so wonderful, so very wonderful
Let's do it over again"
I do remember! You got very embarrassed about when you got older!
Another nana song we cannot leave out...
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.
Hey! I thought I was her only sunshine!! Oh wait..that would Twinkle Star!
OOOO, that's a good one, Dee!! I can't believe I missed it! :) Gina, you funny!
Post a Comment