Just a quick entry for now, I'll post more later, given the chance. But yes, Nana had a bad fall again last night! She fell in the bathroom, again, and hit the tub pretty hard. I'm not sure just how bad, as of yet. I am confident she didn't break anything! It never ceases to amaze me at how lucky (blessed) she can be. I called hospice last night and told them I wanted someone out here to check her out this morning. I think her whole left side is going to be VERY sore and VERY bruised.
She's been doing so well, lately. We're not entirely sure what happened. She got up to go potty, made it into the bathroom without me even knowing it. She said she wasn't dizzy, her legs were weak, and as she teetered a little bit she went to grab the sink to steady herself, she didn't have the strength in her hand to hold on, and her legs gave out. I heard her go down and hit the first time, it seemed like it took me FOREVER to get in there, all the while I could hear her hit several times. I got in there and she was up against the tub with her arm inside the tub. I careful lifted her off the edge of the tub and held her close till she could calm down. We assessed her injuries, she could wiggle her toes, then move her feet. We got her up on her feet, she could stand. Put her on the potty (she hadn't got that far yet, before she fell). I checked her out, she already had some swelling on her hip and side. A little bit of a friction burn, too. I called hospice, but by the time they called me back she was walking, slowly and cautiously, but not too painfully back to her room. I was convinced she hadn't broken anything, and she would be fine for the night. I just asked them a few questions and requested she be seen in the morning. I've checked on her this morning and she seems to be sleeping well for the moment. She just kept apologizing to me over and over. She was sorry to make more work for me in taking care of her. I have to keep telling her, I am the one who's sorry.
We are having an Open House Birthday Party for her all afternoon and evening. I am hoping she'll be up to visitors, still.
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
2 comments:
Oh Nana! I am SOOO sorry to hear that you fell! I can't wait to give you kisses! I know it won't make everything better but my kids are convinced that they help with pain!! I love you so much!!!
PS HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA DEAR! HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR!! IF I HAD ONE WISH THEN IT WOULD BE...A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME!!!!!
Happy Birthday Nana!!! I will definatly come to give you BIG birthday kisses tonight when Dustin gets home!! I love you so much and I am so sorry to hear about the fall!
"When my life is through, and the angels ask me to recall.....
The thrill of it all...Then I will tell them I remember........... YOU!!" That was my favorite song that she sang to me (to add to the list)!
Post a Comment