The door slowly creaks open and the loving soft whisper fills the room. "Good morning to you...Good morning to you." The voice raises with each footstep to the bed. "Wake up in our places with bright shining face" You flutter your eyes open to see the brightest eyes smiling down on you as one of your favorite people sit on the edge of the bed, rubbing your arms, urging you to get up for school.
That was how I woke up every morning when I lived my Nana! What a WONDERFUL way to wake up! I loved it! And still love it! I try and wake my kids up the same way and they always wake up with smiles!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
5 comments:
Oh yes i remember it well. how could you forget something like that. "Good morning to you, good morning to you. we're all in our places with bright shining faces, good morning to youuuuu, good moring to you." Got it love it!
I wake up my kids with the same song...I also sing "Good night ladies, Good night Gentlemen... Good night Everyone, it's time to go to bed"...at bedtime! Tiffany especially loves to sing it with me.
And don't forget..."I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck. A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap and a barrel and a heap and I'm walking in my sleep. About yooouuu, abooouuut yooooouuuu. I love you, a bushel and a peck, you bet your perty neck, I do!" Another one of my favorites. I could go on and on, just got a couple more going in my head. Maybe I'll have to put them in a post. Oh boy, Gina you got me started!!!!
I LOVE a bushel and a peck!! Katie sings, "and a barrel and a leap" LOL It still makes me laugh!!
Another one of my favorite good morning songs that my Nana used to sing to me was the primary song..."In the leafy tree tops the birds sing good morning. They're first to see the sun..they must tell everyone..."
Or who could forget, "Good Mornin! Good mornin! We've talked the whole night through! Good morning to you!!" from Singing in the Rain? I change up these lyrics for my babies and sing, "You've slept the whole night through!" to celebrate when they start sleeping through the night!
Post a Comment