Well, sort of. Yesterday Nana kept stopping in the middle of the hallway and trying to give up going the rest of the way to the bathroom. I had to really talk her into getting all the way in there, she just wanted to give up. It just is so much work to move her body around. Up until now, I wasn't ready to give up that trip down the hall because it was her only exercise anymore. I just feel once she gives that up, her muscles are going to really deteriorate and she will be bedridden soon. She already was complaining her muscles hurt because she stopped walking around the house, coming into the kitchen and livingroom areas for short periods of time.
Well, after yesterday, I felt she was in danger of actually falling. I really can't hold her up, I can balance and steady her, but if she were to really buckle and give up, I'm afraid she would go down. So we gave in last night and set her up a bedside commode. I went out and got one of those office chair plastic pads to put under it and deodorized garbage bags to help contain the odor. So far so good.
It is better for her breathing not to make the long trek, but not so good on her muscles. She's more and more puffy and talks more and more slurred. Last night I think was the first time she didn't break out her coloring books and color. She didn't eat much yesterday either, I wouldn't even say but a 1/3 to 1/4 of one meal.
I'll try to keep you posted more often.
Love to you all!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
2 comments:
I love you Nana!!!! XXXOOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOOOOxoxoxxoOXoxoXOOXoXOoXOOXOXxoxoOXoOXoOXxooxoOXoOXOOOOOOXXXXXX
Please give her lots and lots of kisses for me. I love her so much!!!
Post a Comment