Saturday, October 2, 2010

Nana is still going downhill

Nana is still declining rapidly. Her heart rate is continuing to rise yesterday is was 132! Her blood pressure is dropping. Her breathing is getting more and more labored. We have her on 3 liters now and sometimes that's not enough. She can hardly move around without wheezing all over the place. The breathing treatments help but she still is working real hard to get enough air.

Her nurse is saying they don't expect her to bounce back this time. I guess only time will tell. She expects her to slip into a coma before she actually passes away. No one knows for sure how long this will go on, but I guess they think this is it.

They told me to tell people if you want to see/talk to her...Don't wait too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How does one respond to this news? I went to see her over the weekend. I watched her struggle to get air while she slept. I heard her try to talk and struggle with her words.
She knows what is happening and she is aware of who is around her. No one can say if these are her final days; we all know that we have been warned before, but I refuse to take a chance.
I love you momma. And I thank you Donna for all that you do.