I would like to extend an invitation to all who knew and loved my mom to share memories, fun times, things you learned from her, or feelings, etc with the rest of us. I think it would help all of us to remember her in a fun way!
If you are not already a contributor, please email me and I will add you.
I'm still planning on posting some pics and stories surrounding her final days and services. So stay tuned!
I hope to hear from you, either posts or comments!
Love to you all!!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
7 comments:
Your mother was adear, sweet, soft spoken lady that I recall with such fondness. When I came back to California to visitDeanna for the summer, I stayed with tree lovely sisters, and she treated me with a great deal of kindness; as if I were one of her own. And when Deanna and I came down with the Russion flu, she nursed us both back to health after we lay unconscious for three days.
I always said that she made the best enchiladas I ever tasted. I have never been able to duplicate them in all the years I've been cooking.
It was a sad day when I learned of her passing. She will be sorely missed. I am glad for two things. That her pain and suffering are over, and that she sits with her true Father in Heaven living in peace and love. I will never forget her.
Dear Rainiswithin,
This is Deanna. I am so happy to hear of momma's great enchiladas!
Please help me to remember...and forgive me for my memory lapses...I remember having the flu but not until I read this comment. Please tell me who you are and please do be offended that I do not remember. There are many things lost to me in my past.
Thank you for your sweet remembrance of my mother. I'll be she could tell me exactly who you are!
Again, thank you.
Deanna, it's Patricia, and the memories are so vivid; as if it were yesterday.
LOLOLOL!!! I wondered if it was you!! I remembered you taking the bus and Texas being miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles!! But I am used to your other screen name so I thought maybe I was mistaken!
I love you Patricia!!
LOLOLOL!!! I wondered if it was you!! I remembered you taking the bus and Texas being miles and miles of nothing but miles and miles!! But I am used to your other screen name so I thought maybe I was mistaken!
I love you Patricia!!
How could I possibly forget some of the happiest days of my life? I look back on our youth and naivte' and laugh. We were so dumb most of the time, thinking we were so smart. It is true the statement that youth is wasted on the young. Wish I knew then what I know now. Oh the series of choices would be sooooo different. But to remember your mom was to remember a kinder, more tender woman that influeced me in ways I never thought about until so recently upon hearing of her long term illness and eventual death. I wonder if she ever remembered me as well? My mother hasn't been without her share of health woes either. In fact, she is a diabetic wit heart disease and Emphysema and on oxygen. We very nearly lost her to pneumonia last year. And when I think of life without her, I know and feel genuine pain and I can relate to exactly how you are feeling. There is nothing like that kind of pain. It drives deep, a stabbing pain right through your heart and you feel as if breathing is the hardest thing to do, and that life isn't nearly as bright as it used to be. Your life will never be the same. But for having had this wonderful woman in your life and that and you were as close as you were is the greatest blessing you could ever have. Your life has been graced. So, when you are in the depths of despair remember her smile and know that once you knew an angel on earth, and you called her "Mother"! I love you too, Deanna! Be well!
Patricia,
My mother most certainly rememberedd you! She was excited when I told her that we had found each other again. She grinned and said that Magenta was back!
Momma loved you too and thought fondly of you when we would remember the old days.
I think her most vivid memories were of you, Michael, Elayne, Mike Black, John and..of course..Jerry. She loved you all.
Post a Comment