e said she prayed a lot last night.We got there at 6:30am! They treated her just like the last time. It was as though we never had the conversations the weeks before! I didn't say anything!!! I just let them go for it! I thought I was in trouble when he asked if she was relatively healthy???? (As he's looking at her chart?) I just said, well, as healthy as can be expected for a hospice patient! :) He gets this look on his face, and starts going through her charts a little more thoroughly, "little" being the operative word! He asked what she was on hospice for... kidney failure. Okay, but her heart is healthy?? Do these guys actually read the chart when they "look" through it???? I just looked at mom, wondering what she was going to say, she was looking at me...before we could answer, he asked if she's had heart surgery? She had a stint put in about 7 years ago. That changed the subject enough! He said okay! Let's go!! Pheww!! I thought we were goi
ng to lose it for sure!!
ng to lose it for sure!!She did it!! Came through it with flying colors! She was so happy to be back home and in her bed with both eyes fixed from the cataracts!! She's a little swollen tonight, but she is doing well as far as the surgery is concerned.
As far as my last post, things are about the same. Her oxygen levels were down to 87% at the surgical center this morning on room air. They asked if she was on oxygen at home, I said yes. So the nurse just put her on it! That shot her levels up to 97%, good enough for surgery!! Her heart rate was in the high 90's and her blood pressure was a lot more normal 136/96! I think Heavenly Father really blessed her. She wanted this done so bad and behind her. It was really hard to have half of her vision.
2 comments:
Congrats on the successful surgery!! I love you Nana! XXXOOOxoxoXoxoOoOoxoXOoOXxo
You can see better than I can now mom!!!
Love you mucho mucho.
Donna...thank you for all you do and your loving and gracious attitude.
Remember to call me whenever you want or need.
Love to you and Doug.
Post a Comment