Nana has decided to stop taking all preventative drugs. She is only taking any drugs that provide comfort in this process.
Well we all know what happened...she started getting better! Go Figure!! The first of the 2008 they went through her drugs the first time and took all the diabetes, cholesterol, blood pressure pills out of her regiment. We thought they took all preventative drugs out, then. But we recently found out that they didn't.
It all started when I got a call from the pharmacy saying that one of her drugs would need special approval before they could refill it on a regular basis. I called her nurse and asked her what do we do? She's not "seeing" a doctor. It was the one that protected her tummy from all the meds she was taking. She said, well, maybe she doesn't even need it anymore. We changed her aspirin to enteric coated to protect her tummy and quit the drug to see if her tummy got upset at all. After 3 weeks, no change, cool, one less pill to pop. I then asked if there were any more pills we didn't really "need". They suggested discontinuing two more.
After some prayer and consideration she decided, again, to stop taking all preventative drugs.
I guess, we'll have to wait and see where this leads!!
1 comment:
I miss you Nana! I am going to try to come see you Thursday.
I love you!
Post a Comment