Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nana Update...

It's sad to have to say that Nana has had a hard couple of weeks.

About a week and a half ago, she fell coming out of the bathtub. Gina was here and she knew if she wanted a shower she had to do it before dinner because the showers are busy on Saturday night. She was in a hurry, She tripped over the edge of the tub getting out and fell into the toilet.

It's just been down hill since. She is weak and sleeping more and is experiencing a lot of chest pain on and off again. After examination, the nurse believes the pain is not from her heart, but from her fall. She must have bruised a rib or pulled (damaged) a muscle. It certainly hasn't been fun for her.

I thought for sure it would ruin her self confidence in taking her showers, but with much trepidation, she did it! She realizes that she just needs to take her time and be more careful.

1 comment:

GG said...

I'm so sorry Nana!

I'm so glad I was able to visit with you yesterday! It was fun making you laugh!

I love you!!

XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOO