Thursday, April 23, 2009

Horrible Weekend!!

I won't bore you by going into all the gorey details, but Nana is coming out of a horrific weekend.

It all started on Friday, the 10th. She woke up with a little ache in her arm and shoulder. It progressively got worse over the weekend and was back on lortab. By Monday she was saying and doing weird things. I was planning a trip with my family to Canada for Doug's Dad's 90 Bday. We planned on Nana spending the weekend (16th - 21st) with Gina, at her house. But by Tuesday, we realized that with Gina having to work on Thursday and Friday, there was no way that was going to work. Nana just was in too much pain and not able to really care for herself anymore.

She spent a couple of days in the Avalon Care Center with Jenn and Gina by her side whenever possible. Saturday morning the girls decided that with Gina off for the weekend, they could take better care of her at Gina's house as originally planned. They jumped through some hoops and were able to get her to Gina's. She spent Saturday through Tuesday morning there. Again, with both girls at her side. These girls were a HUGE life saver! They did a FANTISTIC job taking care of their Nana for me!! I am so grateful to have such a GREAT support system!!

They all had a rough weekend, with a lot of confusion, disorientation, and even some hallucinating on Nana's part. But all in all, they all fared well.

We are all back home now, things are calming down considerably as far as Nana is concerned. The pain seems to be at a minimum and her confusion is leveling out again. She seemed pretty with it most of yesterday.

Thanks Again, Gina and Jenn, I couldn't do it without you! I Love You, Both!!!

2 comments:

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

Nana,
I love you, love you, love you! I hope you are feeling lots better soon. You are always in my thoughts, prayers, and heart.

Donna, Gina, and Jenn,
You are my heros!!! Love ya.

GG said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better Nana. I hope it lasts!
xoxoxoxoxoxox