Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Service & Graveside

The Funeral Service was better than I had imagined! Deanna did a wonderful tribute to our Mother, Jackie told some fun stories, Doug talked about the plan of salvation and where she is now.

Of course we had some fabulous music. Nana wanted us to have a Christmas celebration at her services, so we sang Christmas hymns, the kids all sang beautiful songs.

The funeral home recorded the whole thing, I am working on getting copies for everyone!















She wanted a graveside service as well. Didn't record that one, wish I would have thought of that, but I didn't. Denise sang a version of Amazing Grace and I am a Child of God. That was totally unexpected, but turned out really nice. She was shaking so bad towards the end, our brother, Danny, went up to her and stood beside her and held her hand, then one by one all of us siblings stood together as she finished. It was really neat!!
Apparently I was the only one with a camera and I had it with me so we didn't get a pic of that. :(

She wanted me to read a statement from her, then Bro Fallentine dedicated the grave, then Jon sang God Bless America per her request.































This was the first time in 24 years that all 5 of us siblings have been together! It was no easy feat, but well worth the effort! I wish we would have taken more pictures!! It definately was over way too fast!

These men were the missionaries that taught her the gospel in Portland, Oregon so many years ago! Bro Tom Tolman and Bro John Brady.














It was very beautiful. Her body is laid to rest in a quiet little cemetery up on the hill in Bountiful, with a temple view! But I want to bear testimony that She lives in heaven and is rejoicing!


I love you, Momma!

We ALL love you!!

6 comments:

megan rios said...

Wrong Auntie Donna I have a lot of good ones of you children ill send you a cd

Donna said...

oh, megs! I would love that! Did you get a cd of all mine? I'll send you one with the audio of the services.

I'm still trying to find out how much copies of the audio is, and get them printed. I'll let you know!

Love ya!!

Donna said...

Megs, looks like you need to be a contributor on this blog, send me your email address and I'll send you an invite! Would love to read your posts!

GG said...

I love seeing pictures of OTHER people! :) These pics are wonderful! As was the services! There were so many touching moments! Very uplifting! I can't wait to hear it again.

GG said...

I love seeing pictures of OTHER people! :) These pics are wonderful! As was the services! There were so many touching moments! Very uplifting! I can't wait to hear it again.

megan rios said...

megan.rios@live.com and yeah I have it made so ill send it tomorrow.