Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stuff Like That There (my memory)

It was great to read that last post, cause a funny memory came to me about that song as well! Back when I used to spend every weekend with Nana (I was maybe 10 or so) she would always rent the wierdest movies that she just swore I would love. Back then I always had so much fun to watch them with her, but now as an adult, I wonder what was she thinkin!!??!! Such as "Flowers in the Attic" and  "Mommy Dearest" but one in particular was of coarse "For the Boys" (hence the Stuff Like That There). Not that it was such a terrible movie for me to watch, but I remember becoming obsessed with that song. I LOVED it! I even recorded it and took it to school so I could share it as my "bring your favorite song to school, and share with the class" day. I can't help but crack up thinking about me singing with the song in 5th grade in front of all my friends....I want some huggin, and some squeezing, and some lovin, and some teasin, and some.......stuff like that there! I seriously wonder what the teachers said in the lounge about me that day! LOL She used to love when I memorized songs to sing them to her.... she also loved when I sang her "Diamonds are a Girls Bestfriend" and Madonnas Dick Tracy song "Hanky Panky" (Thats right.....nothin like a good spanky LOL).

I sure do miss her!
XOXO

4 comments:

Donna said...

LOL

It makes me remember the songs we memorized at 10 or 12 year old girls... Toucha Toucha Touch me!!!

GG said...

Too funny! I remember learning all those songs too!

PS- I don't even wanna talk about the songs MY kids know! And they didn't learn them from Nana! ::sheepish grin::

Donna said...

LOL, I know exactly where they learned them! At least they are edited!! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL Gigi....Don't trust WWHHAATT, never trust a WWHHHOO, don't trust a HHUUHH, who wont trust me!! hahaha
XOXO