Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nana Must be Feeling Better....

I just have to mention that Nana is doing better and better. We're not sure how why or how long this will last, but this is where we are at now!

On Sunday she decided she would attend Sacrament Meeting. We go to church from 9am to Noon. Sacrament Meeting is last @ 10:50am. I told her we would come back to get her between Sunday School and Sacrament Meeting. I told her to be ready by 10:30. Well, 10:30 rolls around and I didn't have keys to any of the cars, I had to wait for SS to get out (10:40) to get someone to go get her or get any keys to get her myself. (Doug was actually teaching so I couldn't interrupt). But I figured we still had plenty of time. I only told her to be ready that soon because if we got away that early I wanted her ready. Anyway, Jon was the first one out and I asked him to go get her. Apparently, she was afraid we forgot her and didn't want to miss the Sacrament, so she decided to start walking all by herself!

How she managed to get her walker off the front porch without falling, I'll never know!!! She was down the street and to the corner by the time Jon got there! She said she was waiting 15 minutes on the front porch before she decided to try to come on her own. Well then she must have been ready quite a bit early, because she was to the meeting on time! I'm sure it took some time for her to sit there, then get the idea to start on her own, work up the courage to actually do it, then actually get the walker not only out the door but down the porch, then she had to walk all the way to the corner! I think she was ready a lot earlier than she thought!

I about had a fit when I found out what she had done! All I could think about was her falling off the porch with that walker and breaking something!!! She didn't, though! For that I am truly grateful!!

I had to make her promise not to ever do that again!! (unless, of course, the house was on fire!!!!!)

2 comments:

GG said...

Holy crow! I can't believe it! That is amazing...terrifying, but amazing!

I'm so glad you are feeling better Nana! I love you so much!!

Lots and lots and lots of kisses and some hugs!

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

Wow!! She is amazing. I'm so happy to hear she is doing that well. I hope it keeps up for a long, long time. I've been dreaming about her and the family lately. All good and gives me a wonderful feeling. I guess it's the next best thing to being there. I love you all. Hugs and kisses to everyone!