I really wish I would have taken some pictures, but I guess I had too much going on to think about it at the time.
Anyway, Nana actually made it to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday!! She heard that the Primary was doing their Sacrament Meeting Program and she wanted to go. She's been talking about trying for several weeks, but every Sunday morning she would decide not this week. When she heard the Primary was doing their program a couple of weeks ago, she decided that would be the week. It took her two weeks to gear up!! Then during the week, she started to get a cold, stuffy nose, sore throat. I thought for sure she wouldn't make it. (Believe it or not, Nana has a little bit fo a stubborn streak.) She made up her mind she was going, and nothing was going to stop her!!!
I laid out her stuff before I left for Relief Society and told her to be ready when I came back for her. She was ready and we walked out to the car. We got a spot right in front of the doors and she walked in very slowly. She had several people very surprised and very pleased to see her. She enjoyed the program and then came home. It took a lot out of her, who would have thought just walking in and sitting for an hour and a half, then walking back to the car would wear someone out, but it did! She walked in the door and immediately put her jammies back on and climbed right back into bed!!
What a day!!
If things keep going the way they are, she just might make it once a month, maybe? It could happen!!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
1 comment:
That is so fantastic!! I'm excited for you Nana!!
I love you mucho mucho!!
xxxxooooo
GG
Post a Comment