Okay, it's been too many days without a new memory or something, so...
I was remembering this purse that Nana had when they lived in the house on Apache. It was made out of tapestry fabric. One day I looked at it and said, "That purse reminds me of 'Gone With the Wind' and the bags the carpet baggers would carry around." Nana looked at it and said, "It does. I guess this is now my carpet bagget purse." I said, "Don't you mean carpet bagger?" She said, "No, carpet bagget." Then we just laughed. From then on we always called it that. I don't know if she had it much longer. During our "Disaster Weekend" (which is a whole other story I'll write about later when I have more time. Unless someone wants to write about it) her carpet bagget purse became Janet's throw up bag in the back of a meat van. I'm not sure if it survived that. Love to all!!!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
5 comments:
I can't wait to hear about the "disaster weekend"!!
I'm pretty sure you already wrote about the disaster weekend, Heather...wasn't that the amish weekend? http://welovenanaupdates.blogspot.com/2008/03/amish-weekend.html
I dont know....I don't recall hearing about throwing up in a purse..I mean carpet begget!
I didn't mean she wrote about the purse, just the disaster(or amish) weekend!
I remember that purse all to well, I also remember that we broke down on the way up to Big Bear and my mom Sandy hitched a ride with some guy an a motorcycle. Nana, I'm sorry about throwing up in your purse...love you, Janet James
Post a Comment