Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Meat Truck!

Heather's memory reminded me of the Meat Truck incident. Forgive me, I know I don't remember all the details I was young but this is what I do remember...

We went up to or tired to get to some cabin, I think in Big Bear, and literally got snowed in. Then when we were trying to get home Nana's car wouldn't start, or maybe it just got stuck in the snow. Danny ended up coming to get us, but the only vehicle he had was his work truck. He delivered frozen meat somewhere. So there was a big freezer in the back. We all piled in the front and the back. I don't even remember just how many of us there were, but there were a few of us. We really didn't fit, but we had to make the best of it. The back had no windows, now that I'm thinking about it, it probably was a cargo van, not a truck.

Anyway, I just remember it was a very long, bumpy ride and Janet said she was going to throw up, with not much warning. Nana was emptying her bag, Sandy was trying to contain it in her hands. As she was throwing up in the bag, the rest of us were yelling at Danny to stop and let us out. The smell was absolutely horrible, as you probably well know.

I remember Nana having to get back into her bag because there was a small zipper pocket she didn't empty before she let Janet do her thing in it. She definitely didn't want to keep it after that!! So if this is the same bag, Heather, No it didn't survive this incident!! Thanks for the memory, it's funny now, but sure wasn't at the time!!

2 comments:

GG said...

I have a habbit of keeping plastic grocery bags in handy places in my car..the car doors, the middle console and the glovebox, just for that reason! It started because of my pregnancies..I just never knew when I'd need to pull over and vomit. Now they are necessity! I'm going to have to remember to put some bags in my purse! I'd hate to hate to throw away a good purse!!

Donna said...

I try to keep 5 quart ice cream buckets with lids in my vehicles. It's very nice to have a bucket to hold onto and the lid seals the smell until we can pull over and take care of it!