I thought it was time for another update. We had some blood drawn on Tuesday of last week, but I didn't get the results until I was actually leaving town on Thursday. The lab results didn't tell us a whole lot, just that she is steadily declining as we suspected. Her GFR, which is her kidney function is down to 11% from 14% in Dec. Her creatinen is up to 3.9 from 2.8 in Dec. Really all these labs tell us, is that she still qualifies for Hospice Care, and it's just a big waiting game.
She is sleeping more and more and is weaker and weaker, but she really seems to be holding her own. I talked to Kim, who is the head nurse at Love Health Care (Hospice), and she said that there still is no time frame they are willing to give. Which is fine with me, it really is still a day to day basis. She could hold her own for some time, but then again she could just crash at any time. We just keep living each day as they come.
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
3 comments:
I love you Nana! I will come by to see you soon!!!
XXXXXXXXOOOOOOOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXXOOOOOOOXOXOXOXOXXXOOOOOOO
Hi Aunt Diane...We send much love from all of us Davises here in Corona! I think of you all the time and finally made the time to write you a little note. First of all, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I always enjoyed getting the greeting cards you sent to me and my family. You are a very special person and are so thoughtful. You will always have a special place in my heart.
Donna...I don't know how you do it with 27,000 kids and takeing care of aunt Diane too. You are also a very special person. The leaf doesn't fall far from the tree.
With our thoughts and prayers, unitl next time XXXOOO
P.S. Keep laughing and smiling
Love you Rob! You didn't fall far from your father's tree either!
Donna, thanks for the numbers. I know mom is really tired these days and we've really given up guessing "how long" she has.
We are grateful to you for all you do for her.
I love you.
Love you too mom!!!
Post a Comment