I'm not sure if this would count as a memory of my Nana or my Mama, but here it goes anyway...
I realized at a very young age that my Mom can NOT cut hair! Well, technically she can cut it...ALL OFF! I spent a lot of my childhood with little hairs sticking out of the front of my hairline that would be considered bangs and they STILL weren't even!
So when we moved to Utah with Nana, she became our "hairdresser". I was at that awkward age when you are too tall to sit in a chair and too small to sit on the floor so I had to sit straight up on my knees while Nana was trimming my hair. I remember telling my Nana that I was dizzy and BAM! I was out! I woke up on the floor with my Mom standing over me with her hands on her hips, "Are you faking!? You better not be faking! You almost broke my Disney figurines!" In the meantime my Nana was beginning to cry thinking I was having seizures.
I still don't think my Mom believes me that I wasn't faking...
I think that was the last time anyone would cut my hair. It was salons from that day out. I guess it was worth the "faint"!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
6 comments:
I can relate. My mom always made us have "pixie cuts" (very short hair) I felt like a boy. I hated it. My husband once asked me to cut his hair when he was in the Air Force. Oops, he never asked me again. It was so short on one side he had to put shoe polish on his head to try to cover it up! I cut my boys'(7 of them) now. I have much improved, thank goodness.
That is a great one Gina!!
I remember being terrified to cut hair. Doug did the boys at first, until I got the nerve. Then one day he asked me to do his. Again, I was terrified. I guess I didn't do too bad, because most of the time, I still cut it. I do cut all my boys' hair now. Well except for Jon's, he goes to the salon inbetween jobs. But Again, I was terrified when Nana asked me to cut her hair, but after a couple of times I think I'm getting the hang of it!
I'm not a big fan of cutting hair either! I've cut my daughter's a couple of times and have done a semi decent job and I'll shave my sons but that's about it! But I do like to do Katie's hair. I like to experiment and try new hairstyles. She's getting to an age though were she prefers to just let it be down..which drives me nuts! I like it pulled out of her face. But Ciara's hair is STARTING to grow so hopefully she'll let me "make her pretty!"
I can't even shave Troys head right. ::sigh::
Me neither Mom! He's got a weird head! LOL And he complains when I try. So I gave up! Jenn can do it!
I sure got a chuckle out of your comments, You guys are hilarious!!
Post a Comment