Nana had her cataract surgery on her right eye this morning! Everything went according to plan!! We had to get up at 6am! When I went in to get her, she seemed to have already been awake. She said she hadn't slept all night! She didn't feel anxious at this point but she said the dog kept her up most of the night. Maybe she was more anxious than she thought and the dog sensed it and couldn't settle down. I am so glad she kept her door closed so Lady didn't come bug me!!
Anyway, we got up at 6am, she had to come in all showered, so she showered and we were off. We got there at 6:45am. We checked in and waited for them to call us back. This is where she started getting more visibly anxious. The waiting and prepping is always the worst part!
They finally called her back. I had to wait for them to prep her. I went back after she was all prepped and ready to go. She had a cute cap on her head, oxygen, the dreaded IV (she couldn't wait to show me what they had done to her!) I forgot to take a picture at this point, I'll get one when we go back to do the other eye!

It was finally time to go back! I went back to the waiting room. It wasn't very long before they came back to get me. She was sitting up in a chair. The first thing she said was, "it was as easy as they said it would be!!!!" Yeah!! She was awake the whole time and she said there was no pain!!
She has to wear this eye guard when she is sleeping or napping so prevent her from accidentally rubbing or bumping her eye and knocking the lens out of her eye. There are no stitches to hold it in, so it can be knocked out for up to a week! She'll probably wear it more often
with the dog around!
with the dog around!We got our instructions, got her dressed, and we were out the door! We came into the house and she bee-lined it for her room. She barely took the time to slip off her slippers and she was back in her bed all comfy, cozy by 9am!!
We have a follow up visit tomorrow morning and then we do it all again for her left eye in two weeks!!
1 comment:
I'm so proud of her! I know how much she LOVES doctors and she did a great job!
Post a Comment