Well, I thought I should write an update on Nana. She actually has had a very rough month both physically and emotionally.
She started to have pain again in her shoulder and arm and into her hand. I mentioned this back on the Dec 17th post. It only has started letting up just the last couple of days! We are so happy to hopefully see the end of that. Unfortunately, it has left her very weak again because of being in bed a lot this last month. She has to work herself back up to where she was before.
The only problem is I don't know if she wants to work herself back up. Emotionally, she's feeling like she's tired of hanging around. She thinks it would be easier to just pass on. It's hard to get her to understand that it might not be easier, she would just be trading one set of problems for another set. That's sometimes good, but sometimes, not so good. Unfortunately, we don't usually get to choose our problems (or I like to call them learning experiences).
We had to put a heating blanket on her, it just seemed that no matter how many blankets I put on her, she was cold. At first, when I put the heating blanket on, I put it on top and it didn't seem to help much. So I remade her bed and put the heating blanket closer to the bottom of the pile, with blankets on top to hold the heat in. That seemed to do the trick! Now she's all snug and warm, she doesn't want to get out of bed!! All she wants to do is stay in bed and watch her shows!
Hopefully, things will continue to improve and her spirits will improve with it.
Love to all!!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
3 comments:
The month of Dec did seem to be a difficult one this year.
I'm glad momma's starting to feel better as far as the pain.
I know how she feels about just staying in bed. It is like a cocoon, safe and warm.
But, as I had to force myself out of bed and into activity, so does momma.
What would you like us to do? Is there anything you need? Should I stop bringing DVDs for her to watch???hehehe.
Let me know how I can help, Donna.
I love you.
I'm sorry you're not feeling very good Nana! I hope you continue to feel better physically and starting feeling uplifted.
I love you!!
At this point I really don't know what I can do, let alone everyone else!
Post a Comment