Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nana's Coming Home

Nana is coming home on Thursday for New Year's Eve.

Although she has enjoyed spending time with Dee and her family, this trip to Dee's didn't turn out as well as her summer break. She just didn't have the energy she had then, so she has fallen 3 times.

Her foot was still in so much pain, hospice arranged to have a mobile x ray machine come out and x ray her foot. Sure enough one of the bones to her toe is broken. They can't really cast it, so they wrapped it good. Hopefully that will help it to heal faster and better. If she had to break something, I'm so glad it's her foot. I can't believe she hasn't broken anything before now! Some of her falls have been pretty bad. I hope this doesn't mean she's going to start breaking bones now, we'll have to be way more careful about falls!!

2 comments:

Heather Bonney-Pearce said...

I'm so glad she is okay. How scary that must have been for everyone. Give her some extra lovins for me, okay?

Bella said...

I saw her yesterday. She was pretty tired and was babying her foot a lot- poor thing! I just don't think you realize how many times you get bumped in the foot til it's hurting! But she seemed in good spirits!

See ya Thursday Nana! Love you! XXXOOOXXXOOOXOXOXOXOXOXOX