As I was trying to figure out how to set up a studio in my garage to help me organize and work on the many projects and ideas and crafts I want to do, the thought came to me.
WHY?? Why do feel such a need to create??
I remember mom, years ago, bringing home the huge cones of jute and doing the beautiful art of macrame. She made curtains, plant pot holders, room dividers...you name it!
And she taught any one of us who wanted to learn. I still search for jute, but alas, macrame seems to be a dying art.
That sparked a memory even older of watching mom make wonderful plaques with decoupage. She wouldn't just slap a picture on a piece of wood and call it good. Oh, no. I remember she would buy 3 cards, all the same card. One was the backround. The other two were cut up to give the card dimension. The effect was amazing!
I remember her moving her passion to create spoons! Yes, spoons. She would create 'scenes' on spoons! I don't rememeber all the details but I know she would fill the spoon with a kind of clay and use miniture figures to create different scenes.
Of course, there was her sewing. She could be found on her sewing machine making just about whatever she wanted.
Momma could dance!! She had a very creative side for entertaining.
We would paint statuary.
Mom could create the most unique gardens using all kinds of thrift store finds. Who will ever forget her bedpan gardens? She would even paint pretty flowers on the bedpans!
I could go on but the point is, she shared her creativity with her children. We would sit with her and she would teach us as we made our own creations.
Where did all this creativity come from?? I think I got it from my mom.
Thanks mom, tho I'm not sure if it is a blessing or a curse! I got a lot of creative projects in my head, all over my house, and builiding up in our garage!
Michelle's Letter 4/20/12
14 years ago
7 comments:
I definitely remember all of those things she made. It was wonderful to see her working on something as we were leaving for school, and what it had turned into when we got home after school. I loved it. We learned so many things from her. Great memories! Thanks Dee.
Yes, Thanks Dee, for posting. Seems we've had a bit of a dry spell. What fun memories about the macrame and decoupage, I don't remember the spoons. Thanks again for sharing.
Love ya!!
I wish I got some of that creative blood! I somehow got jipt (sp?) in that area!
Your creativity comes in a different form, my dearest daughter. You are the most creative mom I know! I mean, going on hikes and seeing Tarabithia?! Your kids are truly blessed with such a talented and creative mom!
Did you hear that, Jen? I'm the DEAREST daughter!
Jen is my most DARLING daughter!
WHAT!? No way! I am definately the most dearest and more darling!
Post a Comment